Seasoned marketer with a passion for Internet marketing, membership-based organizations and online communities. A powerful conceptual and creative thinker well-versed in association and online community management, website development, social media marketing and meeting and event planning. A consummate team player with excellent people skills and collaborative instincts. A truly dynamic professional dedicated to creating new opportunities, resolving problems and satisfying internal and external customers.
Carlos Tabora Marketing, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
FREELANCE MARKETING & SALES February 2016 - Present
During this time period, I have developed several personal marketing projects, while completing sales and marketing trainings to enhance my skill set.
- Projects include: FunnelConsultants.com, FunnelPros.com, FunnelHelp.com and The Songwriter Show podcast.
Etison, LLC, Boise, ID
CUSTOMER HAPPINESS SPECIALIST (CONTRACTOR) November 2015 - January 2016
Etison’s marketing and sales funnel creation software, ClickFunnels, is the industry-leading SAAS platform for Internet marketers.
- Worked with customers to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to using ClickFunnels software.
- Consistently exceeded company expectations for providing high quality customer service.
TZ Insurance Solutions, LLC, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
OnlineAutoInsurance.com, LLC, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST June 2011 - September 2014
Online Auto Insurance provides quote comparisons of leading USA carriers and was acquired by TZ Insurance Solutions in 2012.
- Developed and executed creative strategies for increasing followers, fans and engagement throughout the company’s social media properties.
- Managed and encouraged staff and visitor participation on our online discussion forums.
Carlos Media, Yorba Linda, CA
SOCIAL MEDIA & COMMUNITY MANAGER January 2009 – May 2011
Carlos Media provides search engine and social media marketing services to small and home-based businesses.
- Developed and maintained search engine marketing campaigns involving Website optimization and Pay-Per-Click advertising management.
- Created eCommerce Websites and social networking communities in various markets.
CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
MARKETING COORDINATOR May 2008 – September 2008
CO-OP Financial Services is the largest credit union service organization (CUSO) offering products to credit unions including ATM Network, Debit Processing, Card Services, Check Imaging and Shared Branching.
- Developed overall concept for tradeshow booth experience and coordinated all registration, participation and management of show services for more than 55 industry tradeshows and events.
- Conceived and executed marketing campaigns generating new business leads and cross-sales opportunities for sales teams and National Relationship Managers.
- Produced webinars for training CO-OP staff and introduced new products such as Travel and Youth Pre-paid Cards to prospective credit union clients.
Inspection Radio, Yorba Linda, CA
PROGRAM MANAGER January 2007 - April 2008
Inspection Radio was a startup company focused on bringing podcasting, video and other cutting-edge technologies to the home inspection profession.
- Co-founded the company with a leading industry news portal.
- Developed the first multimedia information service for the home inspection profession.
BowTie, Inc., Irvine, CA
MARKETING SUPERVISOR July 2005 - October 2006
BowTie was the largest pet publishing firm in the world with magazines including Dog Fancy and Cat Fancy.
- Planned and executed events including the 52nd Annual Show Dogs of the Year Awards during Westminster Week in New York City, and the First Annual Dog Town USA competition in Chicago.
- Managed marketing, editorial and design teams to produce all marketing materials, programs and activities in support of the company's flagship publications, Dog Fancy and Cat Fancy.
International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI), Des Plaines, IL
MARKETING AND CHAPTER RELATIONS COORDINATOR August 2004 - March 2005
ICRI is a trade association of companies that provide concrete restoration, repair and protection for construction-related projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of marketing and public relations for the organization.
- Wrote Chapter News section and managed advertising sales for bi-monthly magazine, Concrete Repair Bulletin.
- Maintained lines of communications between International headquarters and 29 chapters.
American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), Des Plaines, IL
MARKETING DIRECTOR July 1999 - April 2004
MARKETING COORDINATOR February 1997 - July 1999
ASHI is the oldest and most respected membership organization for home inspectors in North America.
- Directed marketing activities of all membership programs and services with the objective of increasing dues and non-dues revenue for this 6,000-member organization.
- Oversaw $1.2 million annual budget for non-dues revenue and product sales.
- Organized all aspects of InspectionWorld, the Annual Convention and Trade Show featuring concurrent educational breakout sessions, two business programs, three special events and a 30,000-sq.-ft. exhibit hall.
- Launched "The ASHI Experience/We Speak House" national branding campaign.
- Managed ASHI Website including content, advertising, promotion and community support.
- Participated in strategic planning and development of society work plans.
Corporate Productions, Inc. (CPI), Oak Brook, IL
MARKETING AND EVENT COORDINATOR August 1994 - January 1997
Corporate Productions was a top experiential marketing and event production firm acquired by TBA Global.
- Developed creative concepts for communications, marketing strategies, events and entertainment programs.
- Authored and edited proposals/presentations for Fortune 500 companies and trade associations.
- Researched Fortune 500 companies and major trade associations for business opportunities and scheduled sales appointments for Account Managers.
- Maintained relationships with talent agencies, speakers’ bureaus, decorators, printers and other vendors associated with each project.
- Coordinated public relations/advertising activity, supervised on-site management of events, co-developed training program for Marketing Assistant's position.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration with Major Concentration in Marketing
- California State University at Fullerton, Certificate in Professional Meeting Planning